Redesign and adaptation of an Italian restaurant
In Boccalupo Trattoria & copas
In Boccalupo - Trattoria & Copas is an Italian restaurant located at the foot of the Mont-Rodon Mountain, in Matadepera, surrounded by lush nature that makes this outdoor space so unique.
The project focuses on renovating the ground floor of a farmhouse-restaurant that had been closed for years and had not been updated, on a very tight budget.
To achieve this, the following tasks were prioritised:
- Improving the outdoor space of the restaurant through the use of landscaping, furniture and lighting so that those memorable after-dinner conversations can be enjoyed.
- Using paint: a radical approach to colour was taken, painting the entire restaurant in the Pantone colour of the year 2023 (Viva Magenta 18/1750). Some of the textiles are also in this colour.
- Giving a second life to the restaurant's existing furniture: furniture and display cabinets were restored, while also being painted magenta and lighting was added, the wooden tables were covered with glazed ceramic, and the wooden chairs were restored, changing their shape slightly and using traces of the same colour.
- Renovating the kitchen by modernising and adapting it to meet new culinary demands, partially opening it up to the diners.
Inside the restaurant, a continuous bench with firewood stored underneath runs along the entire back wall, serving the different tables. Convex mirrors of different shapes, sizes and materials adorn the walls of the restaurant.
The different corners of In Boccalupo's outdoor garden make this an ideal place for unwinding.
- year 2023
- location Terrassa
- photographer Àlex Torrents