Motorino Pizzeria Napoletana Asia. Generating a recognisable and exportable identity
Interior Design and furniture customisation for a restaurant chain
At the end of 2018, Motorino Pizzeria Napoletana Asia reached an agreement with Pepe Gascón Arquitectura to carry out the interior design of their pizzerias. There are established guidelines that must be included in the design of all the restaurants in this chain:
- The premises must have a serene and welcoming character, facilitating an atmosphere that is well suited for diners to enjoy a unique experience. This is why acoustic, lighting and ergonomic comfort will be the priorities.
- There will be proportionality between the careful selection of food in Motorino's gastronomic offering, and the materials used to decorate the premises. The existence of organic materials will be ensured.
- The food preparation area, which has a wood-fired oven, can always be viewed from the dining space.
- A vertical overhang, covered using wooden panels, will geometrically shape the premises, signifying the threshold between the dining and food preparation spaces.
- The upper level of the premises (ceilings in the dining space) will be painted in dark grey to neutralise the space. The property requests that the lower floor area (flooring in the dining area) be a black and white chequerboard, as a hallmark of the premises that are already in operation.
- All the premises will have an area with lower height and a bench against the wall serving several tables, alternating with a more flexible arrangement of tables in the central area of the premises.
- year 2019
- location The Philippines